A ‘Computer’ is an electronic machine which is used widely all over the world. Almost everyone uses the computer for performing the operations and functions quickly and correctly. But, only some of the peoples in the world know the full form of computer. A computer is a complete word in itself. So, it has no full form. But, some peoples say that:
The Full form of Computer is “Commonly Operated Machine Particularly Used in Technical and Educational Research”.
What is Computer?
COMPUTER is a word that comes from the word ‘COMPUTE’. The word Compute means calculate or count. It is an electronic machine which helps humans to make fast logical and arithmetic operations using various hardware and software. Computer systems use computer programming or coding for performing calculations and operations.
Computers accept the raw data given by the user and process that data and then produced meaningful results to the user in milliseconds and microseconds.
Block Diagram of Computer
The block diagram of the Computer consists following three parts or components:
1. Input Unit
3. Output Unit
It is the first component of the computer system which allow the users to enter the raw data and information into the computer from the outside world with the help of input devices such as scanner, mouse, keyboard, joystick, etc.
The input unit also converts the entered data into the computer’s understandable language.
Central Processing Unit (CPU)
It is the main and second component of the computer system. This component is also known as the brain of a computer system.
This hardware device performs all the logical and arithmetic operations on the data and controls all the units and data flow of the computer. This device also stores the data and information on a temporary or permanent basis.
It is the last and third component of the computer system which provides meaningful results to the user after processing.
The output unit converts the result into human understandable form and then supplies it to the outside world with the help of output devices such as a monitor, printer, etc.
Types of Computer
Following are the five main types of Computer:
1. Super Computer
2. Mainframe Computer
3. Mini Computer
5. Personal or Micro Computer.
Advantages or Benefits of Computer
Following are some advantages of Computer in real life:
1. Computers can easily store and access a huge amount of information.
2. It helps humans to complete their complex tasks in few seconds. It also completes those tasks which are impossible for humans.
3. Computers give 100% accurate results if the user entered the correct inputs.
4. We can easily store millions of songs, movies, and videos in our computer systems. And, We can entertain ourselves by watching the videos and listening songs.
5. By connecting the computers to the internet, you can easily earn money and pay the various bills from home.
6. Today, computers are widely used in government and private offices, schools, hospitals, etc.
Disadvantages or Limitations of Computer
Following are some disadvantages of Computer:
1. Due to computers, unemployment is increasing day by day, because they perform various tasks automatically which reduces the need for peoples.
2. Playing games on computers and chatting with friends affects education.
3. Nowadays, computers are used in every field, so the chances of cybercrime are more. Bank account hacking and computer hacking are the two most common real-life cyber crimes.
4. Children and adults use computers for a long time which can cause a headache.
Other full forms of ‘COMPUTER’
Following are some other full forms of the word ‘COMPUTER’:
- “Common Operations Made Possible Under Technical Engineering Researches”.
- “Common Operating Machine Particularly Used for Training, Education, and Reporting”.
- “Computing Oriented Manipulation Programming Used in Technology Education and Research”.
Name of Top Computer Brands
Following are the names of top computer brands in the World:
3. Hewlett Packard (HP)