Our electronics have become an essential part of our daily life in the age of smartphones. They serve as our main source of information, entertainment, and communication. The manufacturers of these devices have added a number of features and functionalities to make them even more user-friendly. The Always On Display (AOD) is one such feature that has grown in popularity in recent years. We will explore what AOD is, “How To Turn Off Apple iPhone 15 Always On Display”, and the benefits of doing so in this article.
How To Turn Off Apple iPhone 15 Always On Display
Navigating to Settings
Let’s start by learning how to access your device’s settings before we get into the details of the Always On Display function.
Accessing the Settings App
- Activate your Device: Unlocking your tablet or smartphone is the first step.
- The settings icon can be found on your home screen or in the app drawer, and it typically resembles a gear or a cogwheel.
- To access the settings app, tap on the settings icon.
- The “Display & Brightness” Section should be found.
- Find the “Display & Brightness” section of the settings app after you have successfully accessed it.
- Scroll Down: On the majority of devices, the various areas of the settings app may be found by scrolling down.
- Discover “Display & Brightness” here: To access the display settings, look for the area marked “Display & Brightness” and tap on it.
Locating Always On Display Feature
Let’s move on to finding the Always On Display option now that you have accessed the display settings.
- Scroll Down: To view the various display options, scroll down to the “Display & Brightness” section.
- Locate Always On Display by looking for the selection that says “Always On Display” or just “AOD.” Depending on your device and operating system, this choice may be located in a different place.
- To access the AOD settings and modify its behavior, tap on the “Always On Display” option.
Turning Off The Always On Display Feature
If you’ve made up your mind to disable Always On Display, take the following actions:
- As previously indicated, tap on the “Always On Display” option in the display settings to access the AOD options.
- Toggle Off: The AOD option often has a toggle switch next to it. To turn off the Always On Display function, merely tap the toggle.
- Verify: Depending on your device, you might be prompted to verify your selection. To turn off AOD, confirm the action.
Disabling Other Functions Related To AOD
- You may choose to disable other AOD-related features in addition to the Always On Display functionality to have more control over your device’s display.
- Display of Notifications: On some devices, you can decide whether or not AOD should show notifications. Find the notification display option in the AOD settings and select it to turn this off. If it is on, turn it off.
- Customisation: There are numerous devices that allow for AOD customisation. Both the information that is displayed and how it is displayed are up to you. Investigate these customization options to further mold AOD to your tastes.
Advantages of Turning Off Always On Display
Let’s explore the benefits of disabling the Always On Display feature now that we’ve covered how to do it.
- Improved battery life is one of the main advantages of turning off AOD. AOD uses a lot of electricity because it continuously displays information on your screen. You can prolong the interval between charges by turning it off.
- Privacy: Even when your device is locked, AOD may display private information such as calendar events and notification messages. By stopping others from conveniently scanning your alerts, turning off AOD can improve your privacy.
- Reduced Screen Wear: Information that is continuously displayed, even in a low-power mode, can eventually cause the screen to burn in. AOD should be disabled in order to lessen the chance of screen burn-in, which is crucial for smartphones with OLED or AMOLED screens.
- Less Distraction: AOD can be disruptive, particularly in dimly lit areas. When you’re not using your gadget actively, disabling it can help you focus.
- Extended gadget Lifespan: Preserving battery life and minimizing screen wear can help your gadget last longer. You might be able to use your gadget for longer before it needs to be replaced by turning off AOD.
FAQs on “How To Turn Off Apple iPhone 15 Always On Display”
What is Always On Display (AOD)?
Modern smartphones and tablets often have an Always On Display (AOD) function that enables a section of the screen to remain active and show information even when the device is locked or in sleep mode. Without having to unlock the device, it often displays the current time, date, battery level, and notifications.
How do I access my device’s settings?
Unlock your device, look for the settings icon (often shown as a gear or cogwheel), and tap on it to access your device’s settings. By doing so, the settings app will open, allowing you to customize numerous aspects of your smartphone.
How do I disable Always On Display (AOD)?
Take the following actions to disable AOD:
a. Open your device’s settings app.
b. Select “Display & Brightness” from the menu.
c. Look for the “Always On Display” or “AOD” choice.
d. Toggle the AOD option off by tapping the toggle switch next to it.
e. If prompted, confirm your selection.
What benefits come from disabling Always On Display (AOD)?
Among the benefits of turning off AOD are:
- Longer battery life
- Improved privacy
- Less chance of screen burn-in.
- Darker settings tend to have less distractions.
- Prolonged device life.
Is it possible to modify the data shown on Always On Display?
Yes, a lot of gadgets allow for AOD customisation. It’s common to customize the information displayed, including the layout and style, to your tastes. To learn about customization possibilities, check the AOD settings on your device.
Does disabling Always On Display (AOD) have any drawbacks?
While turning off AOD has many benefits, certain users could experience some drawbacks. These drawbacks may consist of:
- Less Instantaneous Information: If AOD is deactivated, you’ll have to manually check your alerts or unlock your device, which may be inconvenient for individuals who rely on rapid glances for updates.
- Personal Preference: Everybody has a different level of use for AOD. While some would think it vital to stay current, others might find it unnecessary and want to conserve battery life.
Can Always On Display cause screen burn-in?
In particular on devices with OLED or AMOLED screens, Always On Display does pose a danger of screen burn-in. Burn-in happens when static items on the screen, such as the clock or icons, are continuously visible due to prolonged viewing. Some devices use methods like pixel shifting or screen dimming to reduce burn-in to lessen this risk.
How much does Always On Display affect battery life?
Several variables, such as the screen technology, screen brightness, and usage habits of the device, might affect how Always On Display affects battery life. AOD typically uses more energy compared to turning the screen off entirely. It might decrease battery life by a few percentage points on average each hour, although this can differ greatly amongst devices.
Can I schedule Always On Display to turn on and off at specific times?
Numerous devices include AOD scheduling options. AOD can be programmed to turn on at certain times, such as during the day, and switch off automatically at night to conserve battery. To find out whether scheduling is possible, check the AOD settings on your device.
Does turning off Always On Display affect other display-related features?
The Always On Display feature’s behavior is mostly impacted by disabling AOD. Other display-related functions like screen brightness, screen timeout, or screen rotation are unaffected by it. The display settings on your smartphone allow you to individually modify these settings.
In conclusion, the Always On Display (AOD) feature on your smartphone or tablet can be a useful addition, granting instant access to crucial information without requiring you to unlock your device. But if you want to save battery life, improve privacy, or lessen the chance of screen burn-in, you must know how to access the settings to tweak or turn off AOD. The decision to use AOD or not ultimately comes down to your own preferences and how you use your device. Knowing how to access and change AOD settings gives you the power to optimize your device’s display capabilities whether you decide to keep it on or disable it.
Hope you like reading article on “How To Turn Off Apple iPhone 15 Always On Display”…